Marriage, Premarital & Couples
Very few things in life are as intriguing and complex as a relationship between two people. While many couples find their relationships and marriages rewarding and satisfying, there is no perfect relationship or marriage. At some point, all relationships will experience times of misunderstanding, frustration and sadness. Sometimes people are surprised by this.
Couple’s expectations are sometimes unrealistic or unattainable, and often, the couple doesn’t even know or understand what each other’s expectations are. Relationships involve a complex myriad of individual differences between two people who may have very different personalities, life experiences and past histories. Personal struggles involving past or present circumstances and a variety of intrapersonal complexities often present challenges in achieving a satisfying partnership.
Perhaps you can relate to some of the following
- Do you feel disconnected with each other?
- Do you wonder why there are so many misunderstandings and disagreements lately?
- Have you lost that “spark”?
- Do you experience feelings of loneliness and miss the closeness you once had?
- Do you miss the emotional and physical intimacy?
- Are your styles of communicating so different that frequent misunderstandings occur?
- Have you noticed increased anger, hostility or sarcasm?
- Do you fear that you are losing hope in your relationship?
- Have you ever seriously considered divorce?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, perhaps now is the time to consider professional counseling. It takes courage to reach out for help. As long as there is a thread of hope, as small as it might be, there is a good chance that your love for each other can be rekindled and strengthened.
Crossings Counseling offers couples the opportunity to address specific issues in a non-biased atmosphere, to identify strength and growth areas in their relationship and to take steps to identify and explore areas that need to change. Most relationship issues, no matter what type of problems may exist, can be worked through and successfully resolved. Counseling couples includes the following:
- Build upon the strengths of the relationship and use those strengths as the foundation for a plan of action
- Identify areas that need improvement
- Reduce/eliminate obstacles standing in the way of success
- Improve communication strategies
- Increase understanding of conflict areas, leading to resolution
- Learn new tools to promote successful problem solving
- Increase emotional connectedness and emotional and physical intimacy